Here at Arena, our business is persuasion. Through engaging and well targeted direct mail, digital, OTT/CTV, and text advertisements, our focus is winning the hearts and minds of voters for our clients. And, as digital advertising has become an increasingly critical outreach method, a constant question we ask ourselves is “How can we increase the effectiveness of digital display advertising for our clients?”.
Our answer to that question adds a powerful new advertising option to your persuasion arsenal: Interactive digital display ads.
Interactive display ads offer advantages that standard display ads don’t through advanced capabilities like embedded video, a user-controlled rotating carousel presenting multiple content options, and ads that reveal key messaging through viewer interaction—to name just a few cutting-edge capabilities.
Please read on to see how your campaign can harness the persuasion power of interactive display ads.
- Fuses the benefits of a standard display ad to a video ad that would otherwise be limited to pre-roll-style ad placements.
- Presents a written message and a video message at once, potentially reducing the cost of running ads separately.
- Eliminates the extra step of clicking on a standard display ad to view video content, which increases views.
- Enables viewers to respond to a question through buttons, a checklist, or a dropdown menu.
- Collects viewers into retargeting pools for future campaigns.
- Records the number of clicks generated by each option.
- Each button can be linked to separate landing page specific to the selected option.
Information Hover Ad
- Displays legal information alongside a core message by hovering over content.
- Discreetly place campaign disclosure information on secondary frame in jurisdictions which allow.
Carousel Ad with Video
- Reduces the steps between viewing a message and taking action by allowing the viewer to browse options right in the ad.
- Options showcased in the carousel can link directly to individual pages, increasing the likelihood of conversion.
- In the example below, the viewer is presented with a donation message while browsing contribution options.
Scratch to Reveal Ad
- Scratch over a specific part of the ad to reveal a new image or message underneath.
- On mobile, the ad functions on touch. On a desktop, it functions when a cursor hovers.
- Features a clock that counts down to a fundraising or election deadline.
- A video can be used as a background to attract attention to the countdown clock and to enhance urgency.
Interactive display ads are a creative solution to attract additional notice, drive voter engagement, and stand out from the competition.